- all meaningful academic inquiry is interconnected.
- young people deserve to participate in authentic, professional work that benefits their communities.
- engaging in the creative process is vital for a well-rounded education.
- families are essential partners in a young person’s education.
- deep learning happens in an intellectually challenging and emotionally supportive environment.
- depth of knowledge should be prioritized over breadth.
- direct communication among teachers, learners, administrators, and families is essential.
- diversity of thought and personal identity among teachers and learners maximizes learning and strengthens communities.