Ways to Give
“NMS has really helped me grow as a musician….
I surprise myself sometimes.
NMS has kept me active in something that I’m passionate about”
– Javier Padilla, clarinet student and GNHYO member
“Having programs like City Initiative really do help raise children in our community.“
– Teresa Brito-Padilla, Javier’s mother,
NMS provides financial aid and/or tuition waivers to over 550 students a year. With your help, NMS can continue serving members of our community!
- Cash or credit. Checks should be made payable to Neighborhood Music School and sent to: NMS Development Office, 100 Audubon St., New Haven, CT 06510-1206. For credit card donations, simply click here.
- Gifts of stock or other securities. By transferring stock to NMS, you avoid paying some or all capital gains taxes and reduce your taxable income. Learn more.
- Matching gifts through your workplace. Please ask your employer if NMS qualifies.
- In-kind gifts. NMS will gratefully accept donations of working instruments, sheet music and office supplies on a case-by-case basis. Please note that if you require a valuation for your donation, you should seek an official appraisal prior to contacting NMS, as we are prohibited from providing a valuation as a party to the transaction.
- IRA Charitable Rollover. The IRA Charitable Rollover enables you to make income tax-free transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA if:
- You are at least 70½ years of age on the day of the gift.
- You transfer the funds directly from your IRA to one or more qualified charities.
This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not to other types of retirement plans.
- Amazon. When you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate up to .5 percent of your purchases to NMS. Click here to shop and benefit NMS!
- Estate Giving. By remembering Neighborhood Music School in your will or beneficiary arrangements, you create a legacy of transforming lives, expressing gratitude and making a difference in the world through arts education. Learn more.
- Endowment Gifts. Permanent endowment funds provide a perpetual source of support for NMS programs and students. NMS has a number of named endowment funds which provide a vital source of support for specific programs and students now and in the years ahead. Some donors choose to contribute to one of these ongoing funds and help them continue to grow. Learn more.
For more information, contact Crystal S. Neuhauser, Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, at 203.624.5189, or firstname.lastname@example.org