When can I apply for Financial Aid?
Financial aid applications open:
- Academic Year: June 1
- Priority Re-enrollment: May 1
- Summer: April 15
What is the process for financial aid?
Charitable contributions allow us to offer limited financial aid to those who demonstrate a need. The amount of aid awarded is based on household income and family size. Financial aid does not pay for lessons/classes in full. Continued aid is dependent upon attendance, teacher/director evaluation and ongoing need. NMS reserves the right to discontinue any financial aid because of frequent absences or tardiness, or because of delinquent lesson payments.
To apply for financial aid:
- Click HERE, and then hit the “Register Now!” link to submit your $50 application deposit (requires a credit card).
- Submit a copy of the first two pages of your most recent tax return to our Financial Aid Coordinator, Tanya Louis. You may upload a PDF during the course enrollment, email or mail the pages to: Tanya Louis, 100 Audubon Street, New Haven, CT 06510.
- Complete the 2019-2020 Financial Aid Application through Google Forms.
- For New to NMS students interested in Individual Lessons, set up a New Student Consultation with our New Student Advisor if you have already done so.
- Please complete a separate online application for each student.
If you have any questions, please contact Tanya Louis at tlouis@NMSNewHaven.org or 203-624-5189, ext. 20. Thank you!