Commissioned Work: Seorin Kim (Sylvia Chambless)
Honorable Mention: Hudson Shi (Elaine Silbereis)
3rd Prize: Catherine Xie (Jiayin Li)
2nd Prize (tie): Jasmine Xi (Sima Brodsky)i & Jason Nguyen (Malgosia Lis)
1st Prize: Julia Zheng (Sima Brodsky)
Commissioned Work: Harris Andersen (Rebecca Raffaelli)
3rd Prize: Lisha Jing (Sylvia Chambless)
2nd Prize : Kelly Zheng (Sima Brodsky)
1st Prize: Harris Andersen (Rebecca Raffaelli)
Lisa Moore, Eric Trudel, Charis Dimaris
The winners concert and awards presentation will take place Saturday, May 5, 2018, at 7:30 pm at Neighborhood Music School.
The commissioned work may be played from the score. All other repertoire must be performed from memory. No transcriptions or concerti are permitted. Duration: elementary/middle school division, 15 minutes; high school division, 20 minutes.
Repertoire for elementary/middle school division:
1. Commissioned work: Lost Things Circle Us by Neil Brandt
2. Baroque work (e.g., Bach, Handel, Scarlatti) OR classical work (e.g., Mozart, Clementi, Beethoven)
3. Romantic work (e.g., Chopin, Schumann, Brahms) OR Impressionistic work (e.g., Debussy, Ravel) or 20th-21st century work
Repertoire for high school division:
1. Commissioned work: Folk Rhapsody by Richard Thomas Jones
2. Major work of Johann Sebastian Bach (e.g., Suites, Toccatas, a Prelude and Fugue from either book of the WTC)
3. One movement of a classical sonata (e.g., Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert)
4. Romantic work (e.g., Chopin, Brahms, Liszt) OR Impressionistic work (e.g., Ravel, Debussy) or 20th-21st century work
Note: No single piece may count for more than one category (e.g., Schubert cannot be counted as both a classical sonata and a Romantic work).