EMAIL MARCH 11, 2020
Dear NMS community,
As you know, many organizations and educational institutions are putting action plans in place in response to the emerging, rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19.
NMS has been closely monitoring local, state and national health agencies, and is also looking at schools and businesses in our area to help inform our decisions. We feel a strong responsibility to keep our community safe and healthy while understanding that we offer so many students and families a way to lift their spirits during these trying times.
Until further notice:
- NMS will REMAIN OPEN for regularly scheduled instructional activities, including lessons, classes and ensembles, Preschool, ATLAS middle school and After-School Arts Academy.
- However, from March 12 – April 15, we will not have rehearsals for the following larger ensembles: All-City Beginning Band, All-City Concert Band, Greater New Haven Youth Orchestra.
- NMS is CANCELLING all public special events through April 15, listed at the bottom of this email. We hope to reschedule all these events.
- All persons entering NMS should wash their hands before moving on to their activity. There are several fun songs posted on restroom mirrors to give you some inspiration and a way to pass those critical 20 seconds.
- Stay home if you’re exhibiting ANY symptoms of illness. Read additional information on steps to prevent illness.
- Travel plans? Please follow CDC recommendations upon your return.
If you are traveling to/from a Level 3 Travel Health Notice country (widespread, ongoing community spread), you must stay home for 14 days from the time you left the area, and practice social distancing before returning to NMS.
As always, we will make decisions based first and foremost on the safety and well-being of students, staff and the entire school community. We will continue to email you with updates as they occur.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we move through this ever-changing situation together.