Audubon Arts has been an NMS favorite for more than 40 years, and despite Covid-19, we will enjoy another summer of fun – online!
We are excited to offer 3 unique Audubon Online options – The Show Must Go On, Intensives and A Taste of Audubon. These offerings will be full of joy, community, creativity and collaboration – the cornerstones of the Audubon Arts experience that we all know and love. Sure, it will be different, but it will be fun for us all to meet the challenge of creating something new and exciting, together, as we do each summer.
We will have 6 weeks of programming, starting on June 29 and ending August 7.
The Show Must Go On
In typical Audubon Arts style, participants contribute ideas for plot, dialogue and characters as we work on creating our own show. Each show will be unique to the group and will include elements of drama, music, movement and art.
Tuition: $250 per 2-week session
Hours: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm, Monday – Friday (plus 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Friday Lunchtime Concert)
Ages: 9 and up
- Session 1: June 29 – July 10 (we will meet on Friday, July 3)
- Session 2: July 13 – July 24
- Session 3: July 27 – August 7
Participants will explore a weekly theme with ideas for at-home project work.
Tuition: $100 per 1-week session
Hours: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, Monday – Friday (plus 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Friday Lunchtime Concert)
Ages: 9 and up
- Week 1 (June 29-July 3): Recyclables Art with Miguel
- Save those toilet paper rolls, egg cartons and boxes!
- Week 2 (July 6-July 10): Make Your Own Pets with Bao
- What will your creature be?
- Week 3 (July 13-July 17): Food Coloring Art with Miguel
- Please have a package of food coloring (and table protection!) ready to go.
- Week 4 (July 20-July 24): Fun with Erica
- Theme will be announced soon!
- Week 5 (July 27-July 31): Collage and Dream Catchers with Bao
- Through art, show who you are & what you love, and enjoy the best parts of your dreams.
- Week 6 (Aug. 3-Aug. 7): Fun with Erica
- Theme will be announced soon!
A Taste of Audubon
Led by Jen, participants will sing many songs from the Audubon Arts repertoire, like Boom Chicka Boom, Wishy Washy Washer Woman, and The Aardvark Song! Each week will have a story that participants can act out or develop further through collaboration.
Tuition: $100 per 6-week session; meets once-weekly
Hours: 9:00 am – 10:00 am (plus 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm Friday Lunchtime Concert optional)
Days: Wednesdays (yes, they’ll be Wacky!), July 1 – August 5
Ages: 5-8 years old
Midweek, everyone looks forward to Wacky Wednesdays, when participants and staff don madcap outfits and off-the-wall attire.
Each Friday from 12:00-1:00, grab your lunch and join us in one big Zoom Room for LTC! This is a way for our entire online community to be together. Concerts feature Audubon Online participants, staff, and special guests. All are welcome to share a talent! Each week will finish up with the Audubon Arts favorite, The Austrian Yodeling Song.
Audubon Online via Zoom
All Audubon Online experiences will take place via the Zoom platform, with security measures in place. Participants will receive links to their enrolled activities, as well as to our Lunchtime Concert Zoom room.
Participants in “The Show Must Go On” should be able to work independently for the entire meeting time. Participants may be asked to record themselves singing or acting as we work on show development (family help, if needed, is welcome with this step).
Participants in “Intensives” should be able to work independently for the entire meeting time. When possible, materials suggestions will be provided before the week begins, but part of the experience will be brainstorming together and using “found” materials.
Participants in “A Taste of Audubon” who are able to work independently and those who work better with parental assistance are welcome.
All Audubon Online participants will need:
- a distraction-free space in which to work
- a device on which to access Zoom
- reliable internet access
- notepad and pen
Participants in The Show Must Go On may also need:
- a device to make voice or video recordings (could be the same as viewing device, or a separate smart phone)
- earphones, headphones or headset
- access to Google Drive (for file sharing)
Participants for Intensives will receive a suggested materials list before June 29, but instructors will also be able to work with whatever the kids have on hand.
Please contact Audubon Arts Director Anne Tubis at [email protected] or 203-623-1911.
How to Register
Program Fees (per session):
The Show Must Go On $250
A Taste of Audubon $100
Refund Policy for Audubon Online:
Audubon Online tuition is non-refundable.
Please keep in mind:
- Participants may sign up for multiple activities and sessions.
- Please utilize the wait list if your preference is full.
- Payment in full is required to secure enrollment.
- If you have a credit on your account, it should be automatically applied during the checkout process.
- Each offering must meet minimum enrollment to run. Notification will be made at least one week in advance if a class has not met minimum enrollment.
1. The Show Must Go On
10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Session 1 (June 29-July 10)
Session 2 (July 13-July 24)
Session 3 (July 27-August 7)
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Week 1 (June 29-July 3)
Week 2 (July 6-July 10)
Week 3 (July 13-July 17)
Week 4 (July 20-July 24)
Week 5 (July 27-July 31)
Week 6 (August 3-August 7)
3. A Taste of Audubon
9:00 am – 10:00 am
Wednesdays, July 1-August 5