Master teachers facilitate a full-day academic program for
7th and 8th grade students on site at Neighborhood Music School
in the heart of New Haven, CT.
Middle school students are at a crucial time of social and emotional growth, questioning the world and their place in it. We believe that theatre is the ideal medium for navigating the complexities of transitioning into independent thinkers and learners.
At ATLAS, students direct their own learning by running all aspects of a theatre company. We use the theatrical process to explore essential questions in literature, science, history, math, and beyond.
Our small cohorts of 12-18 students ensure a safe, supportive learning environment with room to question, experiment, change, and grow. Our mission is to cultivate students who demonstrate the 5 C’s of ATLAS:
- CURIOSITY about their world,
- COMMITMENT to their work,
- CREATIVITY in their thinking,
- CONFIDENCE in themselves
- COMPASSION toward all they encounter.
"It’s a really creative learning space, and your teachers care about you and your education"
"Even if you aren’t able to be next to people you are still getting support and you don’t feel like you are getting ignored or left out. Also it feels like real school just at home"
"What you did, what you had those kids do, was breathtaking and beautiful. My heart (and my eyes) are too full right now to say more"
ATLAS may be the right choice for
families who want their children to:
- be intellectually challenged, creatively inspired, and emotionally supported
- belong to a small, loving learning community
- thrive in high school and beyond as independent thinkers
ATLAS may be the right choice for students who:
- are excited about learning through theatre
- enjoy working and learning with others
- want to play a more active role in their education
The 2019-2020 ATLAS Company presents a virtual presentation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
The 2019-2020 ATLAS Company presents a virtual presentation of A Midsummer Night’s Dream - the blooper reel.