Walk through the door of Neighborhood Music School
and you’ll sense something special.
You can’t help but feel the unique brand of energy that’s generated when people come together to share artistic experiences. Our integrative teaching philosophy allows for rich interactions among students of all ages, from toddlers to seniors in their 90s.
Our diverse community thrives on informal jam sessions, multi-genre play-ins, a wide range of workshops, mixed skill-level recitals and hallway discussions between students, family members, faculty and staff. At NMS, we know an arts education improves the quality and enjoyment of life. But we also live and breathe it every day.
We encourage you to come give it a try!
- NMS is the largest nonprofit community arts organization in the state and one of the 10 largest in the country
- Lessons, classes, plus 100 weekly ensembles
- An accomplished, caring faculty that will inspire you
- Financial aid and tuition support for more than 500 students each year
- A certified arts-integrated preschool
- Music, dance and drama for all ages and skill levels
- Our accomplished faculty will encourage, challenge and support you
- Our halls are filled with energy, excitement, conversation and laughter
- A welcoming, safe environment where the entire family can gather, learn and grow
- Perks you can’t get anywhere else: performance opportunities, professional accompanists, special discounts and more!
- A whole world of creativity under one roof!
Benefits of an arts education
- Students learn life lessons through the arts
- Increases self-confidence and focus
- Improves cognitive ability, critical thinking and social development
- Early childhood classes develop language and math skills
- Children learn the importance of patience, persistence and collaboration