Jobs and Volunteer opportunities
Student Services Coordinator
Do you have experience working with people and have a passion for the arts? Are you outgoing, articulate and reliable? Neighborhood Music School, the largest community arts organization in Connecticut, is looking for a full-time Student Services Coordinator to join its staff.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Has a love for the arts, and a commitment to the NMS mission
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Enjoys working with people
- Available for in-person work while adhering to safety measures;
- Proficient in Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Google Drive
- Experience with a customer relationship management software
- Second language fluency a plus
- Available for early morning work Monday-Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service in every phone, in-person or email interaction
- Assist in all aspects of student registration, billing, modifications, withdrawals and payments
- Utilize school’s registration and billing systems
- Act as a liaison between faculty and students to assure optimal communication
- Maintain a positive outlook and work constructively and collaboratively with other members of NMS staff and faculty
- Open the building each morning to be ready for students and faculty, answer phones, retrieve voicemail messages, make calls on past due accounts, filing, and other office duties as assigned.
M – F: 7:45am – 3:45pm
Must be available and reliable for early morning building opening.
Respond with cover letter and resume to [email protected], attn: Tina Carlson
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
We are always on the lookout for talented and dedicated instrumentalists, vocalists, and dancers to join our exceptional faculty! If you are passionate about teaching, please send a completed application (found here), your CV/resume, along with a cover letter detailing your teaching interests and expertise to [email protected]. Tell us what you value, and why you feel you might be a good fit for NMS. We look forward to hearing from you!
Our volunteer program is on hiatus. We look forward to restarting our volunteer program when our building is fully reopened.